In the bustling City of Fort Worth, Texas, Uber has become a favored mode of transportation. However, you’re likely reeling with questions and concerns if you’ve experienced an Uber accident.
At Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers, we have extensive experience dealing with all types of car accident cases, including Uber accidents. With the rising use of Uber in Fort Worth, TX, accidents related to the service are also increasing. Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers has been a beacon of hope for Uber accident victims for decades.
How Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers Can Help After an Uber Accident in Fort Worth
If you’ve been in an Uber or other rideshare accident in Fort Worth, Texas, you may wonder what to do next. That’s where we come in. At Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers, we’re not just any law firm. Our attorneys have a strong background in helping people like you. Here’s why you should consider working with our Fort Worth personal injury lawyers.
Our credentials include:
- We have 37 years of combined experience.
- We have earned multiple awards and certifications that prove we know what we’re doing.
- We’ve secured over $75 million for our clients who were victims of similar situations.
How precisely Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers can help you after an Uber accident:
- Collecting Important Evidence: We will gather all the essential evidence to make a strong case. This includes photos, videos, and witness statements showing what happened.
- Figuring Out Who Is At Fault: Determining who is responsible for the accident can be tricky. We dig deep to identify all the parties that may be liable.
- Calculating the Money You Deserve: We do the math to figure out how much money you should get. This can include medical bills, lost wages, and even emotional distress.
- Calling in Expert Witnesses: Sometimes, we need an expert to explain things in court. We can find expert witnesses to strengthen your case.
- Talking to Insurance Companies: We negotiate directly with insurance companies to get you a fair settlement. We know how to counter their tricks to ensure you get what you deserve.
Ready for a skilled team to fight for you? Don’t wait any longer. Call us today for a free consultation to discuss your options and find out how we can help.
How Common Are Uber Accidents?
A study by the University of Chicago in 2019 revealed some concerning facts about the impact of ridesharing services like Uber and Lyft on road safety. According to the study, these services have led to a 3% uptick in fatal car accidents. The data indicated that multiple cities experienced an increase in deadly car crashes right after ridesharing apps became available to their residents.
In the same year, Uber came forward with its own safety report, focusing on accident statistics from 2017 to 2018. The information was eye-opening: 97 fatal crashes occurred during this period, causing 107 deaths. An interesting yet worrying detail in the report was that the majority of these deadly accidents, about 90%, occurred in rural areas rather than densely populated cities.
What Is My Fort Worth Uber Accident Case Worth?
The worth of your case is determined by factors such as the following:
- Severity of injuries
- Medical treatment costs
- Long-term implications of the injury
- Disruptions to work or daily life
- Physical and emotional pain endured
Our attorneys can provide a clearer estimate during your free case review.
What Kind of Damages Can You Expect After an Uber Accident?
You’re probably wondering, “What exactly can I get compensated for after an Uber accident?” Well, two main categories of damages are available for Uber accident victims: economic and non-economic. Let’s break it down for you:
These are the concrete expenses. If you’ve got bills stacking up because of your accident, these damages aim to set that right. Here’s what they cover:
- Medical Bills: Whether it’s hospital stays, surgeries, or ongoing treatments, all those are included.
- Lost Wages: If you’re missing work, you’re losing money. You can get paid for those lost hours.
- Rehabilitation Costs: Physical therapy or any special equipment you need can be expensive. Economic damages will cover that.
- Property Damage: If your vehicle or any valuable property is damaged, this will cover repairs or replacements.
Economic damages are there to balance the financial burden that an Uber accident has placed on you. They aim to make you whole by covering a variety of expenses, from medical bills to property damage. Understanding what you can claim under economic damages can help you get fair compensation.
These are harder to put a price tag on but equally important. This compensation is for the emotional and psychological side of things:
- Pain and Suffering: The physical pain can be intense and long-lasting after an accident.
- Emotional Distress: Accidents can be traumatic events that leave emotional scars like anxiety, depression, or even PTSD.
- Loss of Enjoyment: If you can’t do activities you once loved, you’re compensated for that loss.
- Loss of Consortium: If your relationships suffer because of your injuries, this aims to compensate for that.
Non-economic damages are vital in acknowledging the emotional and physical pain that numbers can’t easily define. While it’s challenging to put a price on your pain or how your life has changed, these damages aim to compensate you for the non-tangible ways an accident has impacted you.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers as Your Uber Accident Lawyer?
You may be wondering if hiring a lawyer is expensive. However, that is not always the case. At Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers, we have a no-win, no-fee policy. This is known as a contingency fee basis.
You won’t pay us a dime until we win or settle your case for you. There are no upfront costs or hidden fees. If we don’t win compensation, you don’t pay attorney’s fees. It’s as simple as that. This way, you can focus on getting better, not legal bills.
Can You Still Get Money if You’re Being Blamed for an Uber Accident in Texas?
Let’s say someone is claiming the accident was your fault, at least partly. You might be asking, “Can I still get money?” The answer is yes, in most cases, thanks to Texas’s modified comparative fault rule. Here’s how it works:
- Less than 51% At Fault: If you’re found to be less than half responsible for the accident, you can still get compensated. However, your compensation will be reduced by the percentage you’re found at fault. For example, if you’re 20% at fault and your damages amount to $100,000, you’ll get $80,000.
- 50% or more At Fault: Now, if it turns out you’re more than half responsible for the accident, then you’re not eligible to receive any compensation under Texas law.
Having a skilled legal team like Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers to fight these blame games insurance companies love to play is crucial. We’ll work tirelessly to ensure you’re not unfairly blamed and get the compensation you deserve.
We’ll Fight for the Full Compensation You Deserve for All Types of Accident Injuries
Whether dealing with a traumatic brain injury, broken bones, or even burns, you can count on our skilled legal team to represent you. We have a wealth of experience handling cases involving a wide range of injuries.
Our mission is to fight tirelessly on your behalf to make sure you get the full compensation you’re entitled to for your medical bills, pain, and suffering.
What Causes Most Uber Accidents in Fort Worth, TX?
Uber has become an incredibly popular way to get around Fort Worth, Texas, but like any mode of transportation, it has its risks.
Understanding what commonly causes these accidents is important so you can be more aware and avoid them. Factors include:
- Distracted or fatigued driving.
- Sudden stops.
- Failure to maintain the Uber vehicle.
By being aware of these risks, you can take precautions like wearing your seatbelt and being observant while riding in an Uber.
How Do I Prove Negligence After an Uber Accident in Texas?
You may be entitled to compensation if you’ve been involved in an Uber accident in Texas. You’ll need to prove that the driver or another party was negligent to get it. But how do you do that? Let’s break it down:
- Breach of an existing legal duty.
- The breach led to the accident.
- Damages incurred due to the accident.
In summary, proving negligence after an Uber accident involves establishing a legal duty, showing a breach of that duty, and then connecting that breach to your damages. Gathering strong evidence for each point can significantly strengthen your case and help you get the compensation you deserve.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After an Uber Accident in Texas?
The statute of limitations for Uber-related accidents in Texas is two years. Act swiftly to ensure you don’t miss your chance for justice.
Since there are exceptions to the deadline, it’s best to contact a lawyer to confirm the amount of time you have to file a claim in your case.
Contact Our Fort Worth Uber Accident Lawyers For a Free Consultation
Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers stands ready to champion your cause. With our experience and commitment, you’re in good hands.
For a comprehensive discussion of how we can help, contact us today for a free case assessment. Our Fort Worth Uber accident attorneys are standing by.