Construction accidents in Fort Worth, Texas, can cause catastrophic injuries and deaths. Construction workers deserve to be treated fairly by their employers and workers’ compensation insurance companies.
Unfortunately, many workers do not receive the benefits and compensation they deserve. Fortunately, qualified Fort Worth construction accident attorneys, like ours at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers, can help workers and their families receive fair settlements and awards.
Experience matters when you hire a construction accident lawyer. You need an attorney with a thorough understanding of the laws and regulations governing the construction industry in Texas.
Our top-rated Texas personal injury lawyers at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers are the lawyers you want to handle your construction accident case. Our founding lawyer Brad Parker has practiced law for more than 37 years.
Attorney Brad Parker is also a Board Certified Attorney in Personal Injury Trial Law. He leads a team of exceptionally skilled legal professionals dedicated to fighting for the rights of injured parties and their families. Our law firm has represented thousands of clients and recovered more than $75 million in jury verdicts and settlements.
Our lawyers work for a contingency fee. As a result, we are not paid until we win money for your case. Contact Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers to schedule a free consultation with one of our trusted Fort Worth construction accident lawyers or call (817) 839-3143.
How Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers Can Help if You’ve Been Injured in a Construction Accident in Fort Worth, Texas
The construction industry is one of the most dangerous jobs for workers. According to the Texas Department of Insurance, the construction industry has the highest number of fatalities for goods-producing industries in Texas. Construction worker fatalities represented about 24% of workplace deaths in Texas.
In addition to fatalities, thousands of construction workers are seriously injured each year. About one in every ten construction workers is injured on the job.
At Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers, we fight for the rights of construction workers. We work with you to get the benefits and compensation you deserve after a construction accident.
You receive personalized legal representation when you hire our Fort Worth construction accident lawyers. We only take selected cases that we believe we can win. Our lawyers have received recognition and top ratings from national organizations, including Super Lawyers, Avvo, Martindale-Hubbell, the American Board of Trial Lawyers, and the Texas Trial Lawyers Association.
When you hire our award-winning Fort Worth personal injury lawyers, we handle every aspect of your construction accident case. You can expect us to:
- Complete an exhaustive, independent investigation to determine what caused your construction accident, including working with top expert witnesses as necessary
- Determine all sources of compensation, including workers’ compensation and third-party claims
- Gather evidence to build a strong case to hold the responsible parties accountable for your injuries and damages
- File insurance claims and personal injury claims
- Aggressively negotiate a settlement for the total amount of your damages
- Litigate your case in court if necessary to protect your right to fair compensation for damages
Our legal team is prepared to take your case from start to finish to get you justice for the harm you suffered. Contact our law firm to schedule a free case evaluation with an experienced construction accident lawyer in Fort Worth, TX.
Leading Causes of Construction Accidents in Fort Worth, TX
Many of the accidents on construction sites are caused by someone’s negligence or mistakes. Sadly, the accidents are avoidable, which means workers do not need to get hurt.
Common reasons for construction accidents include:
- Defective tools and equipment
- Lack of guardrails on scaffolding
- Improper training to use power tools and heavy machinery
- Lack of protective equipment and fall protection for construction workers
- Poor or inadequate signs and warnings
- Unsafe property conditions
- Tripping hazards
- Failure to inspect and maintain heavy equipment
- Missing guards for power tools
- Lack of safety precautions and protocol
- Scaffold and ladder malfunctions
- Electrical accidents
- Overexertion and repetitive motions
- Exposure to hazardous or toxic substances
Construction workers have the right to expect a safe environment to work. They also have the right to have safety equipment and safe tools to work with on the job site.
We Can Handle All Types of Construction Injury Cases in Fort Worth
At Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers, our legal team can help with construction accident cases involving numerous injuries, such as the following:
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Electrocution and electrical injuries
- Toxic chemical exposure
- Fractures and broken bones
- Eye injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Severe burns
- Internal organ damage
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Occupational illnesses
If you are injured on a construction site, report the injury to your employer immediately. Then, seek medical treatment for your injuries. Prompt medical treatment improves your chance of recovering from your injuries and helps with a personal injury or workers’ comp claim.
Common Types of Construction Accidents in Fort Worth, TX
Our Fort Worth injury lawyers handle all types of construction accidents, including:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Falling from heights, including falling from ladders, scaffolding, and roofs
- Demolition accidents
- Building and ground collapse
- Excavation accidents
- Fires and explosions
- Struck by falling objects and debris
- Electrical accidents
- Accidents involving heavy machinery, including cranes, forklifts, dump trucks, etc.
- Injuries caused by defective or malfunctioning tools and machinery
If you are injured on a construction site, contact Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers for a free consultation with a Fort Worth construction accident lawyer.
Who Is Responsible for Damages and Injuries Caused by a Fort Worth Construction Accident?
The party responsible for a construction accident depends on the factors involved. It also depends on whether workers’ compensation covers the accident or if your employer or a third party might be liable.
Examples of parties that could be liable for a construction accident include, but are not limited to:
- The property owner
- Construction company
- Government entities
- Machinery and tool manufacturers
- Third parties
Determining liability for a construction accident can be challenging, especially when multiple parties are involved or when the worker has more than one type of claim available. Our legal team analyzes all factors in your case to identify all causes of action to maximize the amount of your recovery.
What Types of Compensation Can I Receive for a Construction Accident in Fort Worth, TX?
The compensation you receive for a construction accident depends on the type of claim being filed. Most construction employees are covered by workers’ compensation insurance. Therefore, you should receive workers’ comp benefits if your injury is work-related.
In addition, Texas doesn’t require most employers to participate in workers’ compensation. If your employer doesn’t have workers’ comp insurance, you may be able to file a personal injury claim against it.
Further, if a third party is responsible for causing your injury, you might have a personal injury claim for product liability, premises liability, intentional torts, or general negligence. In either of these scenarios, you could be entitled to compensation under Texas personal injury laws.
- Past and future medical bills and expenses
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Rehabilitation and therapy costs
- Physical pain and suffering
- Lost wages and benefits
- Diminished quality of life
- Reductions in earning capacity
- Scarring disabilities, impairments, and disfigurements
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Loss of enjoyment of life
These lawsuits could also result in punitive damages. However, juries only award punitive damages in a small number of cases involving gross negligence, malice, and fraud.
Proving Liability for a Fort Worth Construction Accident Claim
Workers’ compensation is a no-fault system. You do not need to prove fault to recover workers’ comp benefits. Even if you are partially to blame for causing your injury, you can receive full workers’ comp benefits unless you were intoxicated or intentionally caused your injuries.
However, personal injury claims require that you prove the other party caused your injuries and that you sustained damages because of the other party’s conduct. Furthermore, contributory fault applies to personal injury claims. As a result, if you are partially at fault for the cause of your injuries, your compensation can be reduced or barred based on your percentage of fault.
Construction Accident Claims Are Subject to Deadlines in Texas
Generally, most personal injury claims have a two-year statute of limitations. The court can dismiss your lawsuit if you file it after the statute of limitations expires.
Workers’ compensation claims have different deadlines. You must report your injury to your employer within 30 days. After that, you have one year to submit a workers’ comp claim.
Exceptions and factors of your case could change the deadlines to file claims and lawsuits. Avoid losing your right to file a claim for a construction accident by seeking legal advice now.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Fort Worth Construction Accident Lawyers
Our Fort Worth construction accident attorneys are here to provide trusted legal counsel, guidance, and support as you recover from an injury on a construction site. We’ll work hard to ensure you receive the workers’ comp benefits you need right now. We’ll also explore other forms of compensation for your construction accident.
Call today to schedule your free case review with an experienced Fort Worth construction accident attorney.
Our personal injury law firm in Fort Worth, TX also provides:
- Bicycle Attorneys in Fort Worth, TX
- Brain Attorney in Fort Worth, TX
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, FL
- Fort Worth Car Accident Lawyer
- Fort Worth Catastrophic Injury Lawyers
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Fort Worth, FL
- Fort Worth Dog Bite Lawyers
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Fort Worth, FL
- Motorcycle Lawyer in Fort Worth, TX
- Fort Worth Pedestrian Attorneys
- Product Liability Attorney in Fort Worth, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Fort Worth, TX
- Fort Worth Truck Accident Lawyer
- Uber Accident Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Workplace Injury Attorney in Fort Worth, TX
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Fort Worth, TX