Fort Worth Truck Accident Lawyer
Were you recently involved in an accident involving a large commercial truck in Fort Worth, TX? You may be entitled to substantial compensation from a negligent truck driver or trucking company. An experienced Fort Worth truck accident lawyer at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Our lawyers are here to put over 30 years of experience to work for you. We know how serious truck accident injuries can be–and we’ll do everything we can to help you get justice.
How Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers Can Help You After a Truck Accident in Fort Worth
Our personal injury attorneys in Fort Worth, TX believe that victims shouldn’t have to fight insurance companies to recover fair compensation. Unfortunately, that’s exactly what happens in most cases. While you’re struggling to recover, the insurance company will find ways to try to pay less than you deserve.
Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers is here to help you fight back. We have the skills and experience you need to successfully take on the commercial insurance carriers and trucking companies involved in your case.
When you trust our legal team to protect you, expect us to:
- Fully investigate the circumstances of the accident
- Gather all available evidence, including maintenance logs, hours-of-service records, and the truck’s black box recording device
- Hire respected specialists who can help prove causation
- Assess your case value
- Stand up and defend you when you’re blamed for the accident
- Fiercely negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf
It’s important to take legal action quickly after an accident. Contact our trusted personal injury attorneys for a free consultation today.
How Common Are Accidents Involving Large Trucks in Texas?
According to data published by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), 4,842 large commercial trucks were involved in fatal accidents in 2020. About 107,000 truck accidents caused injuries caused at least one injury that year.
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), 559 of those truck accidents were fatal, and 1,165 caused serious injuries. Thousands of truck accidents sustained injuries that were classified as minor.
Trucking accidents were much more likely to occur in urban areas of Texas, including the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
How Much Compensation Can I Recover by Filing a Fort Worth Truck Accident Claim?
Our lawyers will carefully examine the circumstances of your accidents and injury when assessing your case value. While personal injury cases involving severe or catastrophic injuries tend to have the highest value, many different factors can influence your case value.
As we assess your case value, our lawyers will consider the following factors:
- The type of injuries you sustained
- Whether you will suffer any type of long-term or permanent disability
- How long it will take for you to reach maximum medical improvement (MMI)
- The cost of your medical treatment and related expenses
- The cost of repairing your damaged property
- Whether you lost income while you recovered
- Whether you’ll return to work in the same capacity once you reach MMI
- Whether your own acts contributed to the accident
- Whether you promptly sought medical care and followed doctor’s orders to mitigate damages
Personal injury claims involving commercial vehicles can be complicated. That’s especially true if your injuries were severe. To get a fair idea about how much your case is worth, you’ll have to speak with an experienced attorney.
Our truck accident attorneys at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers are always available to discuss your case. If you were injured in a trucking wreck, you can arrange a free consultation by calling our legal team today.
What Kinds of Damages Can Fort Worth Truck Accident Victims Recover?
Two primary types of damages are available under Texas personal injury laws: economic damages and non-economic damages.
If your case is successful, you should recover enough compensation to make you financially “whole” again after the crash.
Examples of those economic damages include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Nursing care
- Medications and medical devices
- Property damage to your vehicle and belongings
- Additional out-of-pocket expenses
Your non-economic damages are designed to compensate for non-financial losses, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium in fatal accident cases
Because all personal injury claims are unique, it’s important to have an experienced lawyer to help you identify your specific losses. Contact our attorneys to learn more about the kinds of damages you may be entitled to receive after a crash.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Partly To Blame for a Trucking Accident in Texas?
Texas follows modified comparative negligence rules. If you share any blame for the accident, you could wind up with a reduced settlement. You could also walk away with nothing at all.
You can only recover compensation if you were less than 51% responsible for the crash. If your share of fault is less than 51%, your compensation award is reduced by your percentage of fault. In other words, if you’re 40% to blame, you’re entitled to 60% of your damages.
Assigning blame after a truck crash is a complex process. It’s not an exact science. With an experienced lawyer by your side, it’s much more likely that less blame will be allocated to you.
Accidents Involving Semi-Trucks and Big-Rigs Can Cause Catastrophic Injuries
Victims in passenger cars are most likely to suffer severe injuries in motor vehicle crashes involving large trucks. Trucks are large, heavy, and often contain dangerous cargo.
At Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers, we often represent crash victims who have suffered:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Nerve injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Crushing injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Severe bleeding
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Don’t let the insurance companies downplay the extent of your injuries. If you were severely hurt, contact our experienced attorneys to learn more about your legal options today.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Commercial Truck Accidents in Fort Worth, Texas?
FMCSA studies have found that about 87% of all truck collisions happen because of human error. In other words, they happen because someone made a mistake or was careless.
Some of the leading causes of truck accidents in the city include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Failure to account for longer stopping times
- Failure to check blind spots
- Violation of FMCSA hours of service regulations
- Negligent hiring practices and unqualified truck drivers
- Aggressive driving
- Dangerous left-hand turns
- Operating the truck while under the influence of drugs
- Poorly maintained trucks
- Defective safety equipment
- Drunk driving
- Other traffic violations
- Dangerous road conditions
To recover fair compensation after an accident, you must understand what caused it. Otherwise, it’s impossible to identify all parties that share the blame for your crash.
Who Can Be Held Liable for Truck Accident Injuries Under Texas Law?
Many truck accidents happen because truck drivers can be negligent. They’re often tired and under intense pressure to meet deadlines. However, even if the truck driver caused the accident, another party may ultimately be responsible for your damages.
Examples of parties who may share liability for your injuries include:
- Truck drivers
- Trucking companies
- Manufacturers of defective or unsafe vehicles
- Manufacturers of defective safety equipment
- Freight brokers
- Truck mechanics
- Companies hired to inspect a truck fleet
- Third-party drivers
- Government agencies
- Employers of negligent parties
To recover compensation, you’ll have to prove why the at-fault party was responsible. Typically, that means proving negligence.
Negligence means that the at-fault party:
- Owed you a legal duty of care
- Breached the duty of care
- Directly caused your accident
- Caused you to suffer some type of damages
The truck company is already investigating the accident. Our lawyers are ready to do the same for you. Just give us a call for a free case evaluation today.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit After a Truck Accident in Texas?
The statute of limitations in Texas personal injury cases is two years. You have two years from the date of the collision to file a personal injury lawsuit. Once the two-year deadline passes, you’ll lose your right to seek compensation entirely.
Contact an Experienced Fort Worth Truck Accident Attorney for a Free Consultation
This type of case can be extremely challenging to prove. Don’t let the insurance company take advantage of you. Instead, contact an experienced attorney at (817) 839-3143 for legal advice today. At Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers, we offer free initial consultations, so there’s no reason to wait to learn more about legal representation. We also work on contingency, so you’ll only pay us attorney’s fees if we secure compensation for you.
What Our Fort Worth Clients Are Saying About Us
Read more of our Google Reviews.
Highly Rated Physical Therapy Clinics in Fort Worth
- Green Oaks Physical Therapy – 160 W Magnolia Ave #2, Fort Worth, TX 76104
- Bentz Physical Therapy – 800 Hemphill St, Fort Worth, TX 76104
- ClearCut ORTHO – 1001 12th Ave #201, Fort Worth, TX 76104
- Texas Orthopedic and Spine Associates – 923 College Ave Ste 101, Fort Worth, TX 76104
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Fort Worth Truck Accident Lawyer Blog Posts
Additional Truck Accidents Resources
Visit our Fort Worth, TX Personal Injury Law Office
Hours of Operation
Monday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Tuesday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday – Closed
Sunday – Closed
Fort Worth Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers
209 N Hampton St,
Fort Worth, TX 76102,
Our personal injury law firm in Fort Worth, TX also provides:
- Bicyle Attorneys in Fort Worth, TX
- Brain Attorney in Fort Worth, TX
- Fort Worth, TX Car Accident Lawyer
- Fort Worth Dog Bite Lawyers
- Motorcycle Lawyer in Fort Worth, TX
- Fort Worth Pedestrian Attorneys
- Premises Liability Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Fort Worth, TX
- Fort Worth Truck Accident Lawyer
- Workplace Injury Attorney in Fort Worth, TX
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Fort Worth, TX