Fort Worth Car Accident Lawyer
Did you recently get hurt or suffer the death of a close family member in a car accident in Fort Worth, Texas? You may be entitled to compensation for your trauma, medical expenses, and disability. The experienced Fort Worth car accident lawyers at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers can help you fight for the money you deserve.
Since 2001, we’ve been helping crash victims stand up to powerful insurance companies and demand just compensation after devastating accidents. Our top-rated Texas trial lawyers have 30+ years of experience and have won millions in jury awards and private settlements.
How Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Car Accident in Fort Worth, TX
You shouldn’t have to deal with the stress of fighting an insurance company after a car accident in Fort Worth. After all, you need time to focus on recovering from your injuries and getting back on your feet.
When you call Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers, you can put your injury case in the hands of award-winning Fort Worth personal injury lawyers and give yourself the time and space you need to get better.
For decades, we’ve dedicated our careers to standing up to powerful insurance companies and helping crash victims like you assert their rights. Our results speak volumes, with millions in car accident settlements and verdicts recovered.
Here’s what you can expect when you trust us with your car accident claim:
- A thorough and exhaustive investigation into the details of your crash
- Careful analysis of crash reports, medical records, property damage, video footage, witness statements, toxicology reports, physical evidence from the scene, and other evidence related to your case
- Consultations with leading car accident experts and injury specialists in the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area
- Aggressive negotiations with insurance companies and other parties
- Transparent, compassionate legal representation at all stages of your personal injury claim
Our goal will be to help you recover a substantial settlement that fully compensates you for your car accident injuries. However, we’ll prepare your case as if it’s going to trial. That way, we’ll put our strongest foot forward and be fully prepared if and when you’re not offered a fair settlement.
Contact our law office in Fort Worth, TX to learn more. We work on contingency, so it costs nothing to hire our car accident law firm unless we win your case. Reach out to get started with a free case assessment now.
Fort Worth, TX Car Accident Statistics
Fort Worth is home to more than 935,000 people. Thousands more pour into the city every day to work, go to school, and visit local sites and attractions.
With so many people in such a concentrated area, it’s no surprise that traffic accidents are commonplace.
Statistically speaking, that’s roughly 40 auto accidents a day.
Many of these accidents were serious, resulting in several injuries and deaths:
- 130 fatalities
- 532 suspected serious injuries
- 2,488 suspected minor injuries
Another 4,412 collisions possibly caused injuries, ranging from moderate to catastrophic.
Why Should I Hire a Car Accident Lawyer in Fort Worth?
Hiring an accident attorney after a collision can benefit you in many ways. For one, insurance companies are known for trying to settle claims for far less than they’re worth. They take advantage of people who aren’t as knowledgeable in insurance and personal injury law.
Experienced lawyers know how to negotiate a fair settlement that fully compensates victims. You’re more likely to walk away with what you deserve with an attorney by your side.
Here are some of the ways an experienced car accident attorney can help; they will:
- Investigate your crash to determine how it happened and who is responsible
- Gather the evidence needed to prove your personal injury case
- Consult experts if your claim involves complex issues
- Accurately identify and calculate your damages, including future losses such as diminished earning capacity
- Negotiate with insurance companies and others on your behalf for a fair settlement
- Take your case to court if necessary
An attorney will help you level the playing field against an aggressive insurance adjuster. Contact our personal injury law firm for a free, no-obligation consultation to learn more about the benefits of an attorney-client relationship.
What Causes Most Fort Worth Car Accidents?
Most car accidents in Fort Worth don’t have to happen. The vast majority are caused by driver negligence.
Negligence can take many forms, but some of the most common examples that cause wrecks include:
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Road rage
- Illegal passing
- Illegal turns
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Rolling stops
- Failing to use a turn signal
- Disregarding traffic control signals
- Negligent vehicle maintenance
Sometimes there are external factors outside of a driver’s control that increase the odds of a wreck or cause accidents all on their own. These include road defects, vehicle defects, road construction, limited visibility, and bad weather.
How Much is My Fort Worth Car Accident Injury Claim Worth?
Many factors will influence how much your car accident injury claim might be worth.
Some prime considerations include:
- Your ability to continue working after your auto accident
- Steps taken to mitigate your car accident injuries
- Aggravations to pre-existing medical conditions
- Shared fault and liability
- Your age and earning capacity
- Available insurance benefits and policy limits
However, the most telling factor involves your injuries. Generally speaking, the more serious your car accident injuries – and the more of an impact they have on your life – the more a related claim for damages tends to be worth.
According to the National Safety Council, the average comprehensive cost of a car accident – taking into account both economic and non-economic damages – in 2020 was:
- $160,000 for a possible injury
- $354,000 for an evident injury, and
- $1,252,0000 for a disabling injury.
For fatal car accidents, the average comprehensive cost totaled $11.449 million.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
Most Texas car accident attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. That means you won’t owe any upfront costs to hire a lawyer. Your attorney’s fees will be deducted from the final award they obtain on your behalf. If your case isn’t successful, you won’t owe attorney’s fees.
Your lawyer will take a pre-agreed-upon percentage of your award. It’s typically between 33-40% but may vary depending on the circumstances. For example, in the unlikely event that your car accident case goes to trial, you may owe higher fees.
We can explain the contingency fee arrangement more thoroughly during your free initial consultation. Contact our Fort Worth law office today to learn more.
Who’s Liable for My Fort Worth Car Accident?
Simply put, anyone who directly or indirectly caused your car accident could be financially responsible for your damages.
Potentially liable parties might include:
- Negligent motorist
- Bus driver
- Vehicle manufacturer
- Government agency, particularly one responsible for road design or upkeep
- Vehicle mechanic
When you choose Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers, you can trust that our car accident attorneys in Fort Worth will work hard to establish liability and actively pursue compensation from anyone who caused you to get hurt.
I’m Getting Blamed for a Car Accident in Fort Worth – Can I Still Recover Compensation?
Under Texas law, you may still be able to get compensation if you are being blamed for your Fort Worth car accident. The state adheres to a “modified comparative negligence” standard with a 51% bar to recovery.
This means that you will be assigned a percentage of responsibility for your accident. You cannot recover any compensation if that percentage is 51% or more. Otherwise, you can still win money damages, but they can be reduced accordingly. For example, sharing 15% of the blame means your compensation can be reduced by 15%.
Because of this system, the opposing party in your case will likely try to place as much blame on you as they can. However, if you hire an experienced attorney, they can advocate for your interests and work to ensure as little responsibility is assigned to you as possible.
We Handle All Car Accident Cases in Fort Worth
At Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers, we have the capability to help you with any type of car accident case in Fort Worth. If you’ve sustained any of the following injuries, contact us today to learn about your legal rights and options for getting compensation:
Texting While Driving and Other Forms of Distracted Driving
Driver distraction is a national problem that causes over 3,500 deaths annually. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), 484 people were killed in distracted driving accidents in 2022. This was an 11% increase from the prior year.
Texting and driving is one of the most common forms of distracted driving. Texas law prohibits this behavior, but many people continue to do it. Legislators passed the law because one in five crashes in the state are caused by driver distraction, usually by phone use. Contact a Fort Worth distracted driving accident attorney to get legal assistance today.
Speeding is a form of aggressive driving that causes thousands of fatalities each year. Many people fail to realize that speeding can take many forms. It’s not just exceeding the posted speed limits. It can also refer to driving too fast for current conditions, such as in inclement weather or traffic congestion. Contact a Fort Worth speeding accident lawyer to help you get compensation for your case.
Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol can result in criminal penalties. Worse yet, it endangers you and others sharing the road. TxDOT reported 1,163 fatalities resulting from impaired driving in 2022. This represented nearly 26% of the total number of Texans killed in auto accidents that year. Reach out to our Fort Worth drunk driving accident lawyers today to schedule a free consultation.
Many people don’t realize it, but drowsy driving impairs drivers just as much as drunk driving. It impacts your reaction time, alertness, and ability to make quick decisions.
According to the CDC, over 6,000 fatal collisions may involve a tired driver each year. These crashes frequently occur on rural roadways. If you’ve been injured, you can contact our Fort Worth fatigued driving accident attorneys to handle your case.
Other types of car accidents we handle:
- Road rage
- Illegal passing
- Illegal turns
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Rolling stops
- Failing to use a turn signal
- Disregarding traffic control signals
- Negligent vehicle maintenance
The above are just a few examples of the types of car accident injury cases we can help with. Call us to set up your free consultation for more information.
What Types of Damages Can Fort Worth Car Accident Victims Get?
Whether you file an insurance claim or a car accident lawsuit, you can generally recover two types of compensatory awards.
The first is for economic damages, which offset the financial costs of your car accident, including:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Funeral expenses
The second is for non-economic damages, which make up for the hard-to-value trauma associated with an auto accident, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
In some situations, a jury might decide that punitive damages are also appropriate. In Texas, punitive damages can be awarded when there’s clear evidence that a defendant acted intentionally or with gross negligence.
What Should I Do After a Fort Worth Car Accident?
There are some key steps you should take after getting into a car accident to protect your health, safety, and the success of any legal claims you may have. These include:
- If possible, move your vehicle to a safe location off the side of the road. You should also remain at the accident scene to protect your rights and avoid hit-and-run charges.
- Call 911 to report the accident to law enforcement. This is required by law in many cases but is almost always a good idea regardless. A police report will be helpful support to your compensation claim.
- Collect evidence if you can, such as taking photos and videos, and exchanging information with the other driver(s).
- Receive medical care, even if you don’t have an obvious injury. Some types of injuries only present symptoms after the fact, and medical records are valuable pieces of evidence.
- Do not apologize or accept blame for the crash, as doing so could reduce or even eliminate your compensation.
- Be careful about speaking with any insurance companies, as they do not have your best interests in mind. It is best to contact an attorney as soon as you can to go over your next best steps.
If you’d like further information about what you should do after a car crash, feel free to reach out to our law office at your convenience.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Dozens of people are hurt in Fort Worth-area car accidents every day. For many, their injuries are incredibly painful and fundamentally change how they live their lives.
Some of the most commonly reported car accident injuries include:
- Back injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Eye injury
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue damage
- Chest injury
- Knee injury
- Catastrophic injury
- Wrongful death
Get to the closest hospital to you in Fort Worth after an auto accident. Then, don’t hesitate to call our personal injury attorneys to discuss the details of your case and discover how we might be able to help you get the compensation you deserve.
How Long Do I Have To File a Texas Car Accident Lawsuit?
Whether you were hit by an uninsured driver, rear-ended, or involved in a rollover crash, you’ll have two years to file a lawsuit. Once the statute of limitations expires, you give up the right to file a legal claim and recover the compensation you need and deserve.
You can protect your rights and increase the odds of a successful financial recovery by calling Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers immediately after your Fort Worth crash.
Is Texas a No-Fault State for Car Accidents?
Texas is not a no-fault state for car accidents. Rather, it is considered an at-fault state. In no-fault states, drivers must generally utilize their own insurance coverage to get compensation after an accident. Florida is one example of a no-fault state.
In an at-fault state like Texas, motorists can file claims directly against the insurance policy of the drivers responsible for their accidents. The same also applies to filing a personal injury lawsuit against the other driver in a court of law.
Importantly, this means that you can pursue full economic and non-economic damages after your car accident in most cases. Drivers in no-fault states have fewer options available to them in most instances.
Call or contact us online today to review your best legal course of action following a car accident.
How Do I Prove My Car Accident Case in Fort Worth, TX?
Most motor vehicle accidents result from negligent driving. That means you’ll need to prove the elements of negligence to recover compensation from the at-fault party.
Here is what you need to prove in a negligence case:
- Duty of care: The at-fault party owed you a duty of care. For example, drivers owe others sharing the road an obligation to follow Texas traffic laws and drive carefully to avoid collisions.
- Breach of duty: The at-fault party breached their duty by failing to exercise reasonable care under the circumstances. For example, the driver was texting behind the wheel, taking their attention away from the road.
- Causation: The at-fault party’s behavior directly caused the traffic collision. For example, their distracted driving led to the rear-end crash that injured you.
- Damages: You suffered losses, such as medical bills and pain and suffering.
The following types of evidence may be helpful in a Fort Worth car accident case:
- Car accident report
- Photos and videos of the crash scene
- Medical records
- Eyewitness statements
- Dashcam footage
- Expert witness testimony
- Cell phone records
- Employment records proving lost wages
Our car accident attorneys in Fort Worth can help you identify and gather the evidence needed to prove your claim. Contact us today for more information.
What Happens If the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
If you’re involved in an auto accident with an uninsured driver (or they fled the scene), you may have other options for securing compensation.
For example, you may have purchased optional insurance policies that will provide coverage, such as:
- Uninsured motorist coverage, which covers your accident-related losses if the other driver doesn’t have insurance
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage, which covers your medical expenses and up to 80% of your lost income
- Medical payments coverage for your medical bills
- Collision coverage, which pays for your vehicle damage
You can contact your insurance company to determine if your auto policy contains any of this coverage. Alternatively, your attorney can evaluate your coverage and communicate with insurance adjusters on your behalf.
In some circumstances, another party other than the uninsured motorist may also share fault for your accident. In that case, you may have a valid third-party claim to secure compensation for your injuries. The best course of action is to contact an experienced auto accident attorney for guidance.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Trusted Fort Worth Car Accident Lawyers
You were injured in a car accident because someone else was careless. Don’t let them off the hook. Call Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers and ask our Fort Worth car accident lawyers for help.
We have the resources, experience, and drive for success that you’ll want on your side, especially when you’re facing off against a powerful insurance company.
What Our Fort Worth Clients Are Saying About Us
Read more of our Google Reviews.
Areas We Serve
Eastern Hills, Echo Heights, Ederville, Haltom City, Handley, Meadowbrook, Polytechnic Heights, Stop 6, White Lake Hills, Woodhaven, Diamond Hill, North Side, River Oaks, Rock Islands, Sansom Park, Stockyards, Bonnie Brae, Oakhurst, Springdale, United Riverside, Northbrook, Fossil Park, Heritage, Lake Country, Park Glen, Summerfields, Woodland Springs, Arlington Heights, Chapin & Alemeda, Como, Markum Ranch, Ridglea Hills, Western Hills, Ridgmar, Montserrat, Western Hills North, Westland, Westover Hills, Westworth Village, Downtown, Upper West Side, Sundance Square, Cultural District, Berkeley Place, Fairmont-Southside, Mistletoe Heights, Ryan Place, Hallmark-Camelot, Candleridge, Tanglewood, Wedgwood, Highland Hills, Morningside, Overton Woods, Westcliff West, Park Hill, University Place, University West, Westcliff, Worth Heights.
Highly Rated Car Repair Shops in Fort Worth
- Downtown Tires – 118 N Henderson St, Fort Worth, TX 76102, United States
- Haws Paint & Body Shop – 1013 E Belknap St, Fort Worth, TX 76102, United States
- Rick and Rays Auto Plaza – 2425 Cullen St, Fort Worth, TX 76107, United States
- Downtown Garage Tire & Auto Service – 110 Carroll St, Fort Worth, TX 76107, United States
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.