You could be entitled to compensation for damages if a defective or dangerous product injures you in Fort Worth, Texas. The product’s manufacturer and other parties could be liable. Our Fort Worth product liability lawyers at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers can help you with your claim.
Our experienced Texas personal injury lawyers have decades of experience representing injured victims and their families. Attorney Brad Parker has been a Board Certified personal injury trial lawyer since 1997. You need an experienced lawyer to handle the complicated issues involved in a product liability lawsuit.
We have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. Our team of lawyers and legal professionals aggressively pursue all sources of compensation so that you can be made whole again as best as possible.
How Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers Can Help You if You’ve Been Injured by a Defective Product in Fort Worth
When you purchase a product, you expect it to perform as intended. You also expect it to be safe to use. Unfortunately, that is not always the case.
When designers, manufacturers, and other parties place defective products on the market, they can be held liable if the products cause injury or harm. However, holding the parties responsible for a defective product liable for damages can be challenging. They have the resources to fight claims to avoid paying claims.
Our legal team at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers stands up to large corporations to hold them accountable for their wrongdoing. We do not shy away from complicated, challenging cases. Instead, we fight harder to protect our client’s best interests.
Our founding attorney, Brad Parker, has been repeatedly honored and recognized for his legal services. Fort Worth Magazine listed him as one of Fort Worth’s “attorneys worth knowing.” He was also named a Texas Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters on numerous occasions.
When you hire the award-winning personal injury lawyers in Fort Worth, TX at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers, you can trust we will:
- Investigate your claim to identify the parties responsible for placing a defective product on the market
- Gather evidence proving the responsible parties are liable for your damages
- Work with leading experts and professionals to prove a product was defective and the defect caused your injury
- Document your damages and work with your doctors to determine the extent of your injuries
- Aggressively pursue settlements for the total value of your damages
- File a product liability lawsuit and take the case to trial, if necessary
You do not have to take on the manufacturer of a defective product alone. Call Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers to schedule a free case evaluation with an experienced product liability lawyer in Fort Worth, Texas. We do not charge you attorney’s fees unless we recover compensation for your claim.
Our Fort Worth Product Liability Lawyers Handle All Types of Defective Product Claims
Any product can cause injury and harm if it is defective. Our lawyers at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers handle product liability cases involving defective products, including, but not limited to:
- Medical devices and equipment
- Prescription drugs
- Child car seats
- Over-the-counter medications
- Household appliances and electronics
- Children’s toys and furniture
- Construction equipment and tools
- Vape pens and e-cigarettes
- Personal care products
- Hazardous substances
- Airbags and tires
Contact our office today if you suspect a defective product caused your injury. We want to help you hold the party responsible for your injury accountable for the damages they caused.
Common Injuries Caused by Defective Products
Defective products can cause catastrophic injuries and permanent disabilities. A defective product injury could change a person’s life forever. At Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers, we handle cases involving injuries, including:
- Severe burns
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Electrical injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Nerve damage
- Internal organ damage
- Broken bones and fractures
- Loss of limbs and amputation
- Soft tissue injuries
Injuries caused by defective products can cause wrongful death. Our law firm also represents families who have lost a loved one because of injuries caused by a defective product.
Proving Liability for a Defective Product in Texas
Texas product liability laws protect you if a defective product caused your injury. There are three types of defects that can cause harm to consumers:
A design defect means a problem in the product itself that makes it dangerous to use. The product is dangerous even though the manufacturer followed the design to make the product. For a design defect case, you must prove the following:
- An inherent flaw in the design made the product dangerous to use;
- A reasonably safe alternative design existed; and,
- The cost of the safe design was reasonable, given the circumstances.
Some products might not have a safe alternative design. Even so, the company must provide adequate warnings explaining the product’s dangers and risks.
A product might have a safe design, but a problem or mistake during the manufacturing process caused a defect. The resulting defect makes the product dangerous to sue. A manufacturing defect can impact every product produced, or it could impact specific batches of the product.
Manufacturing defects can occur for many reasons. Examples of causes of manufacturing defects include:
- Using inferior materials or products
- Incorrectly assembly products or components
- Using harmful chemicals during the manufacturing process
- Making changes to the original design
- Incomplete or missing components
You have the burden of proving the product was defective and that the defect caused your injury. Also, you must prove that you used the product according to the directions and for its intended use.
Some products are dangerous to use even though they are manufactured correctly. Manufacturers have a duty to warn consumers of the risks and dangers of using the product. If they fail to provide adequate warnings, they can be held liable for damages if a person sustains an injury.
Most product liability claims are based on strict liability. If you prove the product was defective and the defect caused your injury, you can recover compensation for your damages. You are not required to prove the at-fault party intended to cause your injury or was negligent.
However, some product liability claims could be based on negligence. You must prove that the party owed you a duty of care and breached the duty of care. Further, you’ll need to assert that the breach of duty caused your injury and that you sustained damages.
At Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers, our legal team understands what we must prove to hold a party liable for a product defect. We handle all aspects of the investigation, including hiring expert witnesses to assist in proving your claim.
What Damages Can I Receive for a Fort Worth Product Liability Case?
How much your case is worth and the damages you can receive depend on the facts of your case. Several factors impact how much a product liability case is worth, including the severity of your injuries and how your injuries impact your life.
An injured party can typically receive compensation for their financial losses or economic damages. They also receive compensation for intangible losses, including pain, suffering, and other non-economic damages.
Examples of damages in a Fort Worth product liability case include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Rehabilitative therapy
- Impairments, disabilities, and disfigurement
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Diminished earning capacity
- A decrease in quality of life
- Physical pain and suffering
The manufacturer and its insurance company use their considerable resources to fight your claim. They may try to blame you for causing your injury or diminish the damages you suffered. Our Fort Worth product liability attorneys at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers work to maximize the value of your claim so that you recover fair compensation for the losses you sustained because of a defective product.
Can I Recover Damages for an Injury Caused by a Defective Product if I’m Partially To Blame?
Texas has a modified comparative negligence law that addresses this situation. The law does not bar you from recovering compensation if you are partially at fault for causing your injury unless your percentage of fault is greater than 50 percent. If your fault is below 50 percent, your compensation is reduced by your percentage of fault.
For instance, suppose a jury finds you were 20% to blame for causing your injury. Instead of receiving the total amount of the damages award, you would only receive 80% of the amount the jury awards for damages.
How Long Do I Have To File a Product Liability Claim in Texas?
The Texas statute of limitations for most product liability claims is two years. However, there are exceptions to the rule. Therefore, it is best to talk with our Fort Worth product liability attorneys as soon as possible after an injury.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Fort Worth Product Liability Lawyers
You deserve to be compensated for the injuries and damages caused by a defective product. Our Fort Worth product liability attorneys at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers are here to help you get that compensation. Call now for your free case review at (817) 839-3143 to learn how much you could receive for your product liability case.
Our personal injury law firm in Fort Worth, TX also provides:
- Bicycle Attorneys in Fort Worth, TX
- Brain Attorney in Fort Worth, TX
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, FL
- Fort Worth Car Accident Lawyer
- Fort Worth Catastrophic Injury Lawyers
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Fort Worth, FL
- Fort Worth Dog Bite Lawyers
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Fort Worth, FL
- Motorcycle Lawyer in Fort Worth, TX
- Fort Worth Pedestrian Attorneys
- Product Liability Attorney in Fort Worth, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Fort Worth, TX
- Fort Worth Truck Accident Lawyer
- Uber Accident Attorneys in Fort Worth
- Workplace Injury Attorney in Fort Worth, TX
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Fort Worth, TX