Have you or a loved one been injured in a Bedford, TX, truck accident? If so, you are not alone. Thousands of people are injured in commercial truck accidents each year, contact a Bedford truck accident lawyer at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers, at (817)-503-9200.
When a negligent truck driver causes an accident, we are here to hold the truck driver and the trucking company responsible for the victim’s injuries.
Common causes of truck accidents in Bedford include distracted driving, speeding, drowsy driving, and inexperienced truck drivers. Other causes include defective vehicles, road defects, and failure to maintain trucks.
Our Bedford truck accident attorneys at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers handle all types of commercial truck accidents. Contact our law firm to schedule your free consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer.
How a Truck Accident Lawyer at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers Can Help You After a Crash in Bedford, Texas
Truck accidents are generally defined as traffic accidents involving a commercial vehicle, such as an 18-wheeler, tractor-trailer, semi-truck, tanker truck, or big rig.
Large truck accidents are some of the most devastating car accidents in Texas. Because of the size and weight of large trucks, occupants in passenger vehicles sustain catastrophic injuries and wrongful deaths.
Our experienced Bedford personal injury lawyers at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers have over 35 years of experience fighting trucking companies and their insurance companies. We have the resources and experience to take on large corporations and win.
Our founding attorney Brad Parker is Board Certified in Personal Injury Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
He has an AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating awarded to attorneys. Numerous national and local organizations have recognized Attorney Parker for his legal skills, including Super Lawyers.
When you hire Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers to handle your truck accident claim, you can trust that we will:
- Complete an extensive independent investigation to determine how the truck crash occurred and identify all responsible parties.
- Monitor the outcome of accident investigations by local, state, and federal agencies.
- Work with top-rated expert witnesses, including trucking experts, accident reconstructionists, medical specialists, and financial professionals, as needed.
- Meticulously document your damages to determine how much your case is worth.
- Deal with the insurance company and all other parties.
- Aggressively negotiate and fight in court for the total value of your damages.
Contact our law firm to schedule a free case evaluation with an experienced personal injury attorney in Bedford, Texas. Our legal team at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers is here to help you when you need a trusted personal injury law firm.
Bedford Commercial Truck Accident Statistics
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), 38,149 commercial motor vehicles (CMVs) were involved in traffic crashes statewide in 2021, including 2,174 truck crashes in Tarrant County. Twenty-three (23) people died in Tarrant County CMV accidents that year.
The NHTSA reports that Texas had the highest number of large trucks involved in fatal crashes nationwide in 2020. Texas consistently ranks first in the nation for the number of fatal truck accidents each year.
One or more parties could be liable for a truck accident claim. The parties that could be responsible for your damages include, but are not limited to:
- Truck driver
- Trucking company
- Loaders and shippers
- Repair facilities
- Truck maintenance facilities
- Truck manufacturers
- Government entities
- Other motorists
Our legal team analyzes the evidence to determine who caused the truck crash. Then, we pursue all responsible parties to give you the best chance of obtaining a settlement that compensates you for all damages.
What a Truck Driver Does First After a Truck Crash
The moment a commercial vehicle or 18-wheeler is involved in a crash, the very FIRST thing the truck driver does is call their dispatcher.
- They do NOT call 911 first.
- They do NOT call the police first.
- They do NOT check on your condition first.
- They call their dispatcher FIRST!
The reason why they call their dispatcher first is so that the trucking company’s insurance company can immediately send out its investigators, lawyers, and reconstruction experts to start their own investigation of the crash — all with an eye of trying to establish blame for the crash on the driver of the car and NOT their truck driver.
Each day, countless semi-trucks and 18-wheelers pass through Dallas/Fort Worth and the surrounding areas of Hurst, Euless, Bedford, and Arlington. When an 18-wheeler or other commercial vehicle is involved in a crash, they tend to cause catastrophic injuries to the occupants of other cars involved due to the size and weight of their trucks.
This is why it is CRITICAL to hire a well-qualified Board Certified Attorney to begin their own investigation at the earliest possible moment. The attorney will begin gathering evidence, take witness statements, inspect the scene, download the truck’s black boxes, hire reconstruction experts, and so many other things in order to determine and establish liability of the parties involved. With each passing day, the risk of evidence changing or disappearing increases.
What Are the Common Causes of Texas Truck Crashes?
Both in Texas and under Federal Law there are specific regulations related to the size and weight limits of trucks and the freight being carried. Truckers must also comply with specific rules — they must have special licenses and abide by hourly driving limits. In spite of these rules and regulations, trucks are often involved in accidents resulting from:
- Truck company negligence
- Improper maintenance
- Truck driver mistakes
- Trucker fatigue
- Distracted truck driving
- Adverse weather and road conditions
- Overweight trailers
- Unsafe or unsecured loads
- Transport of hazardous material
- Improper Route Selection
What Are Typical Types of Truck Accident Injuries?
Because these vehicles are so large, typically weighing as much as 30 times more than a car, a collision with a truck can have devastating consequences. The injuries of the driver and/or passenger(s) of the automobile involved in an accident with a truck are almost always far worse.
- Head and brain injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Rib and torso injuries
- Spinal injuries and paralysis
- Wrongful death
How Much Is My Bedford Truck Accident Injury Case Worth?
When you meet with our Bedford personal injury lawyer to discuss the need to file a truck accident claim, it is natural to want to know how much your truck accident case is worth. However, it is impossible to quote an exact figure until you complete medical treatment and we determine the extent of your damages. We want to ensure all damages are included in the claim to maximize the value.
However, the attorney can discuss several factors that impact how much you could receive for a truck accident claim. Factors that impact the value of a personal injury claim include:
- The types of truck accident injuries you sustain, including whether you sustain permanent impairments or disabilities.
- The duration of your recovery period.
- The medical treatment and procedures you received.
- Whether you can return to work earning the same income as before the accident.
- The number of your financial losses and expenses.
- Whether you could be partially to blame for causing the truck accident.
- The pain and suffering you experienced because of the truck crash.
- The parties involved in the case.
- Whether you sustained disfigurement or significant scarring.
There could be other factors, depending on the circumstances of your case. Our Bedford personal injury lawyers help you understand your legal options and how we can work to maximize the value of your claim.
Damages Available to Truck Accident Victims in Bedford
Sadly, most truck accidents are avoidable. They are caused by someone’s negligence. When another party causes you injuries because of their negligent or intentional acts, Texas personal injury laws provide a way for you to be made whole.
You have the right to seek compensatory damages for your financial losses, pain, and suffering. Examples of economic damages in a truck accident case include:
- Loss of income, benefits, wages, and future earning capacity
- The cost of medical care and treatment
- Rehabilitative care and therapies
- Long-term nursing and/or personal care
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Future medical bills
In addition to being reimbursed for your monetary losses, you can also seek compensation for your non-economic damages. Examples of these damages include:
- Mental anguish and trauma
- Impairments and disabilities
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress
- Physical pain and discomfort
- Scarring and disfigurement
- A decrease in your quality of life
Some truck accident lawsuits result in punitive damages. These damages do not compensate you for losses, even though the court will order the at-fault party to pay the damages to you. Instead, punitive damages are paid in a small number of lawsuits to “punish” the defendants for gross negligence and other wrongdoing.
Why Choose Our Truck Accident Lawyers?
- 35 years of fighting for injured Texans’ rights
- Lead attorney selected for Super Lawyers® since 2006
- Top-rated legal talent and ethical standards (AV® rating)
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law – Texas Board of Legal Specialization*
- Free consultation to evaluate your legal options
- Our 4-point promise to you
If you or a loved one are suffering from an injury sustained in a trucking crash in North Texas, contact Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers today. We hold negligent drivers accountable for their actions. Attorney Brad Parker is Board Certified in Personal Injury Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and has won numerous awards for his successful representation of injured victims throughout Texas.
To learn more about what you should consider in hiring the right attorney for you, download our free ebook: HOW DO I… Find the Right Attorney I Want and Need.
What Does it Cost To Hire a Truck Accident Attorney in Texas?
Our Bedford truck accident lawyers do not want you to worry about how to pay to hire Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers to handle your case. Instead, we want you to focus on your recovery.
Therefore, we accept cases on a contingency basis. With a contingency fee, we are paid a percentage of the amount we recover for your case. However, we do not receive our fees until we win your case.
You can hire a truck accident lawyer in Bedford, Texas, without paying any attorney’s fees upfront. The contingency fee allows you to have experienced legal representation regardless of your financial situation.
Determining Liability in a Truck Accident
The experienced truck accident attorneys at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers know that trucking companies have their own adjusters, investigators and lawyers who will conduct an analysis of the accident. Their goal is to reduce the company’s liability at all costs, which is why it is crucial to contact our attorneys who can thoroughly investigate the factors in your case.
To determine liability for a trucking accident there are a number of factors that need to be taken into consideration. Many people assume that it is always the truck driver’s fault, but that may just be part of the case. Depending on the specific findings made by your truck accident attorney, any of the following could be held liable for your injuries:
- The truck driver may be held liable if he or she was operating the vehicle in a reckless or negligent way. Failure to yield, speeding, distracted driving or operating the vehicle under influence of alcohol or drugs could put the driver at fault for your accident and subsequent injuries. Another common mistake is when drivers fail to follow the hours of regulation and are extremely tired.
- Trucks rely on proper loading of their cargo to maintain balance and ensure that nothing will slip, slide, or roll during transport. Any truck, especially open-bed vehicles, can experience serious complications in the event of an overload or improperly secured cargo, including roll-offs, jackknifing, and rollovers.
- Truck drivers are provided very specific routes that they are to take by the dispatchers used by the trucking company. In some situations the dispatchers have sent the truck driver down roads that are not conducive to truck traffic or that are otherwise dangerous. If this is part of the reason for the truck crash then the dispatcher may be liable as well as the truck driver.
- If product failure was the cause of the accident, the product’s manufacturer or distributor may be held liable. In the event of a brake failure, steering failure, or the failure of any other mechanical part, you may be able to hold the part supplier responsible.
These are but a few of the other possible parties that may be responsible for the crash. Of course, each situation is unique and the discovery process for your specific case may vary. In order to determine your eligibility to file a truck accident lawsuit, contact Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers right away. The trucking company, its lawyers, investigators and insurance company are already building a defense against your case. Time is of the essence!!
What Happens If I Share Fault for a Truck Accident in Texas?
Under Texas contributory fault laws, you can still receive compensation for truck accident injuries even if you share fault for the truck accident. However, your compensation is reduced by your percentage of fault. For example, if you were 20% at fault for the truck crash, your compensation would be reduced by 20 percent.
Additionally, the statute places a 51% bar on compensation if you share blame for causing the truck accident. Therefore, if you are over 50% to blame for the truck accident, you cannot receive any money for your damages or injuries.
A common defense trucking companies and insurance companies use is to blame the victims for causing the truck accident to avoid liability. Our lawyers understand this tactic and are prepared to defend you against allegations of blame.
What’s the Statute of Limitations for a Truck Accident Lawsuit in Bedford, TX?
The Texas statute of limitations for most truck accident cases is two years from the accident date. However, exceptions could mean you have more or less time to file your claim.
When the deadline to file a lawsuit expires, you lose your right to seek a legal remedy for your damages. Therefore, we encourage you to contact our law office to speak with an attorney as soon as possible.
Additionally, insurance companies might have deadlines that you must meet to file insurance claims. Seeking legal advice promptly can help you avoid problems with your claim.
Hurt in a Texas Truck Accident? Our Truck Accident Attorneys Fight For You.
It is absolutely essential that you retain the representation of an attorney who can aggressively pursue the highest level of compensation for your case.
When you work with our firm, we take the time to get to know you and your family. We work tirelessly to determine who is responsible for your injuries and hold them accountable. You can be confident we will represent you to the very best of our abilities.
We always aggressively pursue the highest level of compensation available for each client and are extremely selective in the cases that we agree to take.
If you or a loved one was injured in a commercial truck accident in Texas, our experienced truck accident lawyers are ready to help right away. Contact us online, or call our Bedford, Texas office directly at (817)-503-9200 to schedule your free consultation. We help personal injury clients throughout all areas of Texas.
Bedford Truck Accident Lawyer Review
Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers has been wonderful to work with. They are responsive, good at communicating case status, and work hard for a beneficial outcome. Great company to work with.
Highly Rated Physical Therapy Clinics In Bedford
- Green Oaks Physical Therapy – 1320 – A Airport Fwy, Bedford, TX 76022, United States
- Barkman & Smith Physical Therapy – 1940 Bedford Rd, Bedford, TX 76021, United States
- A1 Physical Therapy at Bedford – 1999 Forest Ridge Dr, Bedford, TX 76021, United States
- Core Rehab Physical Therapy – 2700 Tibbets Dr #103, Bedford, TX 76022, United States
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Bedford Truck Accident Lawyer Blog Posts
- Average Settlement Value of a Fort Worth Truck Accident Injury Case
- How To Report an Unsafe Truck Driver in Texas
- How Trucking Accidents Differ From Car Accidents
Additional Truck Accidents Resources
Visit our Bedford, TX Personal Injury Law Office
Bedford Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers
2317 Plaza Parkway #100
Bedford, TX 76021
Phone: (817) 503-9200
Hours of Operation
Monday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Tuesday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday – Closed
Sunday – Closed
Truck Accident Infographic
Our personal injury law firm in Bedford, TX also provides:
- Bedford Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Bedford, TX
- Brain Injury Attorney in Bedford, TX
- Bedford, Texas Car Accident Lawyers
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Bedford, TX
- Bedford Construction Accident Attorneys
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Bedford, TX
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Bedford, TX
- Bedford Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Bedford, TX
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Bedford, TX
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Bedford, TX