Distracted drivers cause thousands of car accidents each year that lead to death and life-altering injuries.
Have you or a family member been injured in a distracted driving accident in Bedford, TX? You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, and disability.
An experienced Bedford car accident lawyer at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers can help. We will fight to protect your rights and get you the money you deserve.
We have decades of combined experience protecting the rights of personal injury victims and have recovered life-altering financial awards for them. Our top-rated Texas personal injury lawyers have won $75+ million for our clients.
Find out how Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers can help you get the financial compensation you need to help get your life back on track. Contact us today for a free initial consultation or call at (817)-503-9200.
How Our Bedford Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You After Your Distracted Driving Accident
Injuries from a distracted driving accident can be catastrophic. You need experienced car accident attorneys in your corner. We have over 37 years of combined legal experience and know how to get you the compensation you deserve.
When you hire Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers after a distracted driving accident in Bedford, Texas, you can trust us to:
- Complete a thorough legal analysis of your distracted driving accident.
- Conduct an exhaustive investigation of your accident to gather evidence proving fault, including reviewing crash reports, medical records, property damage, video recordings, toxicology reports, witness statements, and other evidence.
- Consult leading Texas accident experts and injury specialists.
- Keep up with all the deadlines for filing your personal injury claims.
- File the necessary insurance claims and handle all communications with insurance adjusters and relevant parties.
- Aggressively negotiate with insurance companies and all other parties to get maximum compensation for your case.
- Respectfully and honestly communicate with you at all stages of your case.
If you are not offered a fair settlement, your case will be prepared and ready for trial. However, our aggressive and experienced attorneys will strive to settle your case in the shortest time and for the maximum amount possible to fully compensate you for your injuries.
Common Causes of Distracted Driving Accidents
Anything that takes a driver’s attention away from safe driving can lead to a dangerous accident. Distracted driving interferes with three vital brain and body functions necessary to drive a vehicle safely.
Those three functions are:
- Vision: Drivers must keep their eyes on the road to safely operate a vehicle. When drivers look away from the road, they lose their awareness of the driving conditions around them, including their speed, the speed of other cars, proximity to other vehicles and pedestrians, and the actions of other drivers and pedestrians.
- Manual control: Drivers need to keep their hands on the wheel of a vehicle to drive safely. When drivers take one or both hands off the wheel, they immediately lose some amount of control.
- Cognitive awareness: Drivers need to be focused when driving. When they take their minds off driving to focus on anything else, even for a moment, they are guilty of distracted driving.
All distracted driving falls into one of these three categories. Some actions, such as texting, affect all three categories and is illegal in Texas.
Examples of Distractions That Can Cause Crashes
Some examples of distractions that lead to auto accidents include:
- Reading, sending, and receiving text messages
- Answering an incoming call
- Making a phone call
- Talking on the phone
- Eating and driving
- Reaching for objects in the vehicle
- Brushing your hair, putting on makeup, or looking in the mirror
- Adjusting vehicle controls or using GPS
- Having an emotional conversation with a passenger
If the activity causes a driver to take their full attention away from the road, it is a distraction and should be avoided.
Common Injuries Caused By Distracted Driving Accidents in Bedford
As in most car accidents, distracted driving accidents can result in injuries ranging from mild to catastrophic.
Some of the most common types of injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Severe burns
- Severe burns
- Organ damage or loss
- Chest injuries
- Wrongful death
Our Bedford distracted driving accident lawyers understand the types of injury that can be caused and can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Types of Damages You May Be Entitled to Recover After a Distracted Driving Crash in Bedford, Texas
Our Bedford car accident attorneys may be able to help you recover different types of damages for your distracted driving accident injuries. The types of recovery available will depend on the unique circumstances of your accident case.
However, you may be able to recover:
Economic damages may be awarded to compensate you for financial losses from your medical bills and expenses, loss of income and benefits, and decreases in earning potential.
Non-economic damages may be awarded to compensate you for pain and suffering, loss of quality of life, and permanent disabilities.
Punitive damages are not available in every personal injury case. However, if your injuries resulted from gross negligence, malice, or fraud, you may be able to recover punitive damages under Texas law.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Our Bedford Car Crash Lawyers
Our experienced and trusted Bedford personal injury attorneys are here to provide legal advice, support, and guidance if you have been injured in a distracted driving accident. We know the law and understand what you are going through.
We can help you get the compensation you deserve to get your life back on track. Contact us today for a free consultation.