Did you or a family member suffer brain damage in an accident in Bedford, TX? The at-fault party can be held liable for your damages under Texas personal injury laws. An experienced Bedford brain injury lawyer at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and your pain and suffering.
Collectively, our lawyers have over 30 years of experience handling personal injury cases like yours. We have committed our entire practice to helping clients win meaningful financial settlements and verdicts.
How Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers Can Help With a Brain Injury Claim in Bedford, TX
A severe brain injury can impact you for the rest of your life. Even if you’re expected to recover, you could struggle with permanent deficits. Recovering fair financial compensation can be the most important thing you ever do.
If someone else was responsible for your injuries, our Bedford personal injury lawyers at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers can help you prove it. Over the years, we’ve helped countless clients handle the challenges that can arise in personal injury cases.
When you trust us to protect you, we will:
- Conduct an investigation to determine who is responsible for your injuries
- Gather evidence to support your claim
- Bring in leading experts who can help prove more complicated aspects of your case
- Determine the fair value of your case, considering both past and future losses
- Handle the negotiations with the insurance company and at-fault parties
Your future is too important to trust an inexperienced attorney. Contact our Bedford personal injury attorneys today to learn more about this area of law and how we can help.
Overview of Brain Injuries
A brain injury is any type of injury that impacts the way the brain functions.
A traumatic brain injury, or TBI, is one that is caused by some type of external force. Unlike brain damage caused by stroke or diseases, most traumatic brain injuries happen because of accidents.
There are two basic types of traumatic brain injury:
- Closed-head injuries occur when the brain is jolted back and forth against the skull, damaging the brain tissue due to the force of the impact
- Open-head injuries occur when the skull is penetrated by some type of foreign object that damages the brain tissue
Serious brain injuries can have devastating consequences. After all, the brain is the organ that controls your bodily functions, emotions, and even your personality. If you suffered brain damage and someone else was responsible, our lawyers in Bedford can help you fight to recover fair compensation. Just give us a call to learn more today.
We Handle All Types of Brain Injury Cases
There are many different types of brain injury.
At Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers, we often represent victims who have sustained:
- Diffuse axonal injuries (DAI), which cause tearing of the brain’s connective fibers
- Edema, which is swelling in the brain tissue
- Brain hemorrhages
- Contusions, or bruising of the brain tissue
- Anoxic brain injury
- Hypoxia, which is caused by oxygen deprivation
- Skull fractures
- Epidural hematomas
- Subdural hematomas
- Coup-Contrecoup brain injuries
- Birth injuries
If you have questions about your legal options after suffering a blow to the head, don’t hesitate to reach out for legal advice today. At Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers, we’re always available to answer any questions you have about your legal options.
How Common Are Brain Injuries?
Millions of Americans struggle with the long-term impact of brain injuries.
According to the CDC, about 1.5 million people sustain traumatic brain injuries in the U.S. each year. 64,000 people in the United States died due to brain injuries in 2020 alone. In 2019, 223,135 people were hospitalized with traumatic brain injuries.
What Are the Common Signs and Symptoms of Brain Injuries?
Some brain injuries are obvious right away. Others can take days to appear. It’s critical to pay close attention to your symptoms if you were involved in an accident.
The signs of a brain injury can vary and will depend on:
- The area of the brain impacted
- The type of injury involved
- The severity of the injury
After an accident, it’s important to seek medical care immediately. Without experience handling brain injury cases, you might miss the symptoms.
Some of the most common signs that you have suffered a brain injury include:
- Loss of consciousness, even if it’s only for a moment
- Blurred vision
- Inability to concentrate
- Muscle weakness or tingling sensations
- Sleeping more or less than usual
- Unexplained personality changes
- Memory loss
- Sensitivity to light or sound
- Persistent confusion
- Dilated pupils
- Slurred speech
- Loss of coordination or difficulty walking
Brain injuries can be extremely severe. It’s also possible that a mild injury could worsen over time if left untreated.
What Are the Long-Term Consequences of Brain Damage?
The brain is a complex organ. Even experts admit that damage to the brain can have widespread and unexpected consequences.
Some of the most serious long-term consequences of brain injuries include:
- Memory loss
- Cognitive disabilities
- Decreased attention span
- Inability to understand abstract concepts
- Physical disabilities, including loss of mobility
- Blindness or vision loss
- Problems with speech
- Difficulty reading or writing
- Loss of the ability to understand speech
- Problems identifying objects or their function
- Personality changes
- Difficulties in social situations
- Loss of inhibitions
- Seizure disorders
- Wrongful death
Brain injuries can change a person’s life in dramatic ways. Some victims of brain damage can require around-the-clock nursing care or care in a long-term care facility. These types of treatment can be extremely expensive.
If you or a loved one suffered a brain injury, call our Bedford brain injury attorneys today. We’re here to help you fight for the fair compensation you deserve.
What Are the Common Causes of Brain Injuries?
Any type of accident can cause a brain injury. Our attorneys at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers often represent clients in cases involving:
- Car accidents and other motor vehicle accidents
- Sports accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Boating accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Negligent security and premises liability
- Defective products
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Swimming pool accidents and drownings
- Exposure to toxic substances
Our lawyers serving Bedford are here to help you establish the cause of your injury and determine who was responsible. You can get the legal advice you deserve by calling to schedule a free case evaluation today.
What is My Bedford Brain Injury Case Worth?
The value of your personal injury case will depend on many factors. The most important is the severity of the injury. Some brain injury cases are only worth several thousand dollars, while others can be worth millions.
Some of the factors that can influence your case value are:
- How the injury will impact your future
- The cost of your medical treatment
- The cost of your future medical care, rehabilitation, and ongoing care
- The length of your recovery
- The value of your lost wages and income
- Whether you will be able to return to work in any capacity after recovery
- The amount of insurance coverage that is available
- The circumstances of the accident and injury
It’s important to speak with an experienced attorney about your case value. Insurance companies often try to take advantage of brain injury victims. We know that bills can add up quickly, and it can be tempting to accept a fast settlement.
Our lawyers offer a free consultation, so call today to learn more about how much compensation you really deserve.
What Compensation Can I Recover If I Sustained Brain Injuries in Bedford, Texas?
Examples of the damages you may have suffered include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Future medical bills
- Lost future earning capacity
- Rehabilitative care
- Long-term care
- Nursing care
- In-home assistance
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of your independence
- Damage to relationships
- Loss of consortium
- Damages for wrongful death in fatal accident cases
Our lawyers will evaluate your case carefully. Once we identify your damages, we’ll work with experts to establish the value of your future losses and your more intangible, non-economic damages.
How Long Do I Have To File a Brain Injury Lawsuit in the State of Texas?
After suffering a brain injury, you typically have only two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. Once the statute of limitations expires, you can no longer sue the responsible party for damages.
Our experienced personal injury lawyers are ready to start investigating and gathering evidence today. All you have to do is call to get started.
Contact a Bedford Brain Injury Lawyer for a Free Consultation Today
Brain injuries can be frightening. It’s important to seek legal representation so that you have someone in your corner to protect your rights. Call Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers or use our contact form to learn more about how an experienced Bedford brain injury lawyer can help prove your case.
Bedford Brain Injury Lawyer Review
The Parker Law Firm have been fantastic, they are so caring they keep you up to date they give you great information and insight. Mr Parker and his staff are professional, friendly and most important caring.
Highly Rated Brain Injury Specialists In Bedford
- Right Brain Therapy, PLLC – 1901 Central Dr #602, Bedford, TX 76021
- Axis Brain and Back Institute, PLLC – 9525 N Beach St STE 405, Fort Worth, TX 76244
- Kane Hall Barry Neurology: Sharique Ansari, MD, MPH – 1305 Airport Fwy suite 205, Bedford, TX 76021
- Advanced Neuromuscular Performance & Physical Therapy, LLC – 1211 S Main St STE 500, Keller, TX 76248
Bedford Brain Injury Lawyer Blog Posts
Visit our Bedford, TX Personal Injury Law Office
Bedford Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers
2317 Plaza Parkway #100
Bedford, TX 76021
Phone: (817) 503-9200
Hours of Operation
Monday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Tuesday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday – Closed
Sunday – Closed
Our personal injury law firm in Bedford, TX also provides:
- Bedford Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Bedford, TX
- Brain Injury Attorney in Bedford, TX
- Bedford Car Accident Lawyers
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Bedford, TX
- Bedford Construction Accident Attorneys
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Bedford, TX
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Bedford, TX
- Bedford Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Bedford, TX
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Bedford, TX
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Bedford, TX