Were you or a family member injured in a boating accident in Bedford, TX? The at-fault party may owe you compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and more. An experienced Bedford boating accident lawyer at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers can help you fight for the full compensation you deserve.
Our attorneys have over 37 years of experience helping injured clients like you recover fair compensation from negligent people. We’ve recovered over $75 million in compensation for accident victims already.
How Can Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers Help After a Boating Accident in Bedford, TX?
At Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers, we’re dedicated to holding careless people accountable for their actions. You shouldn’t have to suffer the financial strain while the at-fault party walks away without consequences
Fighting a legal battle after an accident may be the last thing you want to do. However, it’s often the only way to recover fair compensation for your injuries. Our experienced Bedford personal injury lawyers can handle the details of your case while you focus on recovering.
When you retain our legal services, our lawyers will:
- Investigate to determine who and what was responsible for your accident
- Gather the evidence needed to prove causation and liability
- Work with experts who can help prove the value of your claim
- Protect against any allegations that you share blame for the accident
- Document your losses and accurately estimate your future needs
- Negotiate with the insurance companies and responsible parties for a fair deal
Our Bedford personal injury attorneys know how stressful the time after an accident can be. We’ll keep you fully apprised of your case progress at every stage. To learn more about how we can protect your legal rights, call for a free initial consultation today.
How Common Are Boating Accidents in Texas?
Boating accidents in Texas reached a 30-year high in 2020 after an increase in the popularity of boating during the COVID-19 pandemic.
According to statistics published by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) and the U.S. Coast Guard, that trend has continued. The number of boating accidents in Texas increased by 40% during the first quarter of 2021 compared with the same period in 2020.
During 2021, 4,439 recreational boating accidents were reported across the United States. A total of 2,641 people were injured and 658 people were killed in those accidents.
More specifically, 238 of those boating accidents happened in the State of Texas. Unfortunately, 58 people were killed in fatal Texas boating accidents in 2021.
How Much Is My Boat Accident Case Worth in Bedford, TX?
This is one of the most common questions a personal injury lawyer encounters. Before investing time and resources, injured people want to know how much their personal injury case is worth. Our experienced personal injury attorneys can offer details about your specific case value in a free case review.
As we review your case, our lawyers will evaluate various factors, including:
- The nature of your injuries
- Your prognosis for making a full recovery
- Whether you’ll suffer a permanent disability that impacts your work and quality of life
- The cost of your medical treatment
- The value of your lost wages during recovery
- The general circumstances of the accident
- Whether you share any blame
- Your need for future medical care and rehabilitation
- The emotional impact of the accident and injury
Your personal injury claim is different from anyone else’s. Our lawyers put in the time and effort to evaluate your specific case before we file a claim with insurance. To learn more about your case value, call to schedule your free consultation today.
What Types of Damages Are Available for My Boating Accident Injuries in Bedford?
Depending on the nature of your losses, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Nursing care
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and anxiety
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
- Damages for wrongful death
Let our attorneys fight for you while you’re dealing with the aftermath of an accident and injuries. We have decades of experience handling cases similar to yours. Contact our office located in Bedford today to learn more about your right to compensation.
How Can Texas’s Shared Fault Laws Impact My Compensation if I’m Partly Responsible for a Boating Accident?
Many different factors can contribute to the cause of accidents. It’s always possible that injured parties can share some of the blame. While that doesn’t automatically mean you lose your right to compensation, it’s important to take accusations of shared fault seriously.
Under Texas’s modified comparative negligence rules, victims can recover a portion of their compensation if they’re less than 51% responsible for the accident. Your settlement or verdict will be reduced by the percentage of fault attributed to your acts.
Once your share of fault reaches 51%, you’re completely barred from seeking compensation for your injuries. That means it’s extremely important to fight back if you’re being blamed for your injuries.
What Are the Most Common Injuries Sustained by Boating Accident Victims?
At Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers, our lawyers often represent injured clients who have suffered:
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Lacerations and cuts
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Eye and facial injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Our Bedford personal injury lawyers are here to help regardless of the type of boating accident injuries you have suffered. Just give us a call to schedule a free case evaluation and learn more today.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Boating Accidents in Bedford, Texas?
According to the U.S. Coast Guard, the five most common causes of boating accidents are operator inattention, speeding, inexperienced operators, failure to keep a proper lookout, and machinery failures.
That said, many different factors can contribute to a boating accident, including:
- Distracted boat operators
- Violating navigational rules
- Alcohol use
- Drug use
- Poor weather conditions
- Sharp turns
- Fuel leaks or spills
- Improper anchoring
- Lack of proper safety equipment, including life jackets
We handle all types of boating accident claims, including those involving:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Fires and explosions
- Collisions with fixed or floating objects
- Flooding and swamping
- Falls overboard
- Accidents involving being struck by another boat or object
- Defective mechanical component
- Contact with propellers
Contact us today to learn more about how a Bedford boating accident attorney can help you prove your family deserves compensation for your losses.
How Do I Prove I Deserve Compensation After a Boating Accident in Texas?
Most boating accidents occur because someone was careless or reckless. Whether the responsible party didn’t understand the navigational rules or just wasn’t paying attention, you may have a valid claim for compensation. However, proving that you deserve compensation can be challenging.
These claims depend on four elements, including:
- The at-fault party’s legal duty of care
- A breach of duty
- Causation, meaning that the breach directly caused the accident
- Damages suffered by the victim
In plain terms, to prove negligence, you’ll have to find evidence that someone’s mistake caused your accident and injuries.
Many different types of evidence may be available to back up your claim, including:
- Statements from eyewitnesses
- Accident reports prepared by the police, TPWD, or the U.S. Coast Guard
- Photos or videos
- Medical records
- Physical evidence from the boat itself
- Evidence about weather conditions at the time of the crash
- Testimony from expert witnesses
Our personal injury lawyers in Bedford will work hard to gather and evaluate all available evidence. To learn more about how our team at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers can help with your case, give us a call today. We work on a contingency fee basis, so you don’t have to worry about legal fees while you recover.
How Long Do I Have To File a Claim After a Boating Accident in Texas?
Under Texas state law, you have a limited amount of time to file a personal injury lawsuit after an accident. The statute of limitations in Texas is two years. In most cases, you’ll lose your right to sue for damages if you don’t file a lawsuit within two years of the accident.
Contact a Bedford Boating Accident Attorney for a Free Consultation Today
You never expect a day on the water to end with an accident. If you were injured, contact a Bedford boating accident lawyer at (817)-503-9200 today. With our skilled team at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers by your side, you can rest assured knowing that a skilled attorney is working tirelessly for the full compensation you deserve.
Bedford Boating Accident Lawyer Review
I was injured in a car accident in Frisco and Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers took great care of me! They were proactive in their communication and always so pleasant to speak with. I knew I could trust them throughout the whole process and really appreciate how they went above and beyond for me.
Bedford Boating Accident Lawyer Blog Posts
Visit our Bedford, TX Personal Injury Law Office
Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers
2317 Plaza Parkway #100
Bedford, TX 76021
Phone: (817) 503-9200
Hours of Operation
Monday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Tuesday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday – Closed
Sunday – Closed
Our personal injury law firm in Bedford, TX also provides:
- Bedford Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Bedford, TX
- Brain Injury Attorney in Bedford, TX
- Bedford Car Accident Lawyers
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Bedford, TX
- Bedford Construction Accident Attorneys
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Bedford, TX
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Bedford, TX
- Bedford Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Bedford, TX
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Bedford, TX
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Bedford, TX