Bedford Car Accident Lawyer
You may not know where to turn for help if you were injured in a car accident in Bedford, TX. If the accident was someone else’s fault, you may be entitled to significant compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. An experienced Bedford car accident lawyer at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers can handle all of the legal issues so that you can focus on your recovery.
Our lawyers have over 30 years of experience serving the people of Bedford. If you were injured in an accident, we have the proven experience that you want in your corner.
How Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers Can Help With My Car Accident Claim in Bedford, TX
Hiring an experienced lawyer is the best way to ensure you win your case and maximize your settlement or verdict. The at-fault driver won’t simply stand up and admit liability. Their insurance company will try to twist the facts to pin at least some of the blame on you.
Without a Bedford personal injury attorney in your corner, you run the risk of taking a lowball settlement.
At Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers, we’ve helped countless clients like you recover meaningful compensation after an accident.
You can count on our experienced attorneys to:
- Conduct an independent investigation to identify the cause of your crash
- Identify all parties who share financial responsibility
- Assess your damages and calculate your case value
- Consult with leading experts in various fields to strengthen your case
- Stand up and defend you if the insurance company blames you
- Negotiate with the insurance company for a fair financial settlement
Our lawyers want you to recover the money you need as quickly as possible. That doesn’t mean that we’ll push you to accept a lowball settlement. Our attorneys are well-prepared to fight to protect you at trial if necessary to get a fair deal.
It’s never too early to learn more about your legal rights. Call our lawyers today to arrange your free case review.
How Common Are Car Accidents in Texas?
Overall, 425,074 motor vehicle accidents were reported to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) in 2021. According to the TxDOT’s data, 2,395 people were killed in fatal auto accidents that year. Another 11,994 people suffered serious injuries, and 62,890 people sustained minor injuries.
According to statistics, Bedford was home to 796 of those car crashes.
These accidents can happen in all different ways. At Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers, we often handle car accident cases involving:
- Head-on collisions
- Distracted accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Rideshare accidents
- T-bone accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- Left-turn accidents
- Multi-vehicle crashes
- Single-vehicle accidents
- Highway accidents
- Parking lot crashes
- DUI accidents
- And more
If you were injured in an auto accident, don’t hesitate to reach out to our experienced legal team for a free case review today.
How Much Is My Bedford Car Accident Case Worth?
Every personal injury case has unique characteristics. Although car crashes are extremely common, no two accidents or injuries are exactly alike. The circumstances, vehicles and victims are all unique–and it’s important to keep that in mind during the negotiation process.
Our lawyers will evaluate the facts carefully when calculating your case value, considering various factors, such as:
- The nature and severity of your injuries
- Your prognosis for making a full recovery
- The cost of the medical treatment you have received to date
- The cost of medical care your doctor anticipates you will need in the future
- The value of any income or benefits you lost during recovery
- Whether your future earning capacity will be diminished
- How the injury impacts your lifestyle, quality of life, and emotional wellbeing
- The trauma of the accident and the suffering you have endured
- The amount of personal injury protection (PIP) coverage available
Insurance companies often focus on factors that can reduce your case value. They’ll probably blame you for contributing to the cause of the accident. They might also claim that you failed to mitigate your damages or that your injuries were pre-existing.
Our accident lawyers in Bedford can help minimize the effectiveness of these and other scare tactics, so call to schedule your free initial consultation today.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Car Accident Victims in Bedford, TX?
Texas personal injury laws group damages according to whether they are economic or non-economic in nature.
Economic damages are financial losses. You’re entitled to seek compensation for every dollar you spent due to the accident and injury.
Examples of those damages include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Property damage
Non-economic damages compensate victims for things like:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress, including anxiety, depression, and PTSD
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Fear and humiliation
- Loss of consortium
Before we file a claim with insurance, our lawyers will carefully review your case to identify all of the damages you’ve suffered.
Does Sharing Blame for a Car Accident Impact My Right To Recover Compensation?
It’s always important to defend yourself if you’re being blamed for an accident. Texas has modified comparative negligence laws with a 51% recovery bar, which means you will lose your right to compensation entirely if your share of fault is more than 50%.
Assuming you’re less than 51% responsible, your damages are reduced based on your percentage of fault. If you were 40% responsible, you’ll walk away with 60% of your damages award.
Our Attorneys Will Fight To Recover Compensation for All of Your Injuries
Car accidents often wind up causing injuries. Those injuries can be minor, moderate, or even severe.
At Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers, our attorneys often represent clients who have suffered:
- Broken bones
- Chest injuries
- Nerve damage
- Whiplash and other soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Crushing injuries
- Traumatic amputations
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
The cost of treating an injury can be surprising. Our lawyers are here to help in any way we can. All you have to do is call our law firm to schedule a free initial consultation today.
What Causes Most Car Wrecks?
All car accident claims are slightly different. Most crashes, however, happen because someone was careless.
Most car accidents occur because of:
- Texting while driving
- Other types of distracted driving
- Speeding and other traffic violations
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Aggressive driving and road rage
- Dangerous left-hand turns
- Defective vehicle safety equipment
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Hazardous road conditions
Many different factors can play a role in your accident. When multiple causes are involved, multiple parties can be financially responsible for your damages.
How Do I Prove I’m Entitled To Compensation After a Car Accident?
Texas follows “at-fault” insurance laws. You must prove that someone else’s careless, reckless, or wrongful acts caused your accident. Otherwise, you cannot recover compensation from the insurance companies.
The vast majority of all car accident cases are based on negligence, which means:
- The defendant owed you a legal duty of care
- They breached the duty of care
- The breach was the direct cause of your accident
- You sustained damages due to the accident
All drivers have a legal duty to exercise reasonable caution behind the wheel. Our lawyers will search for evidence to prove the breach, causation, and damages elements of your personal injury claim.
That evidence might include:
- Dashcam footage
- Traffic cam footage
- Statements from eyewitnesses
- Hard evidence from the crash scene, such as vehicle placement and skid marks
- Photos of the wreck
- Police reports
- Medical records
- Traffic citations
- Cell phone records, if you suspect the at-fault driver was distracted
- Evidence from a vehicle’s event recording device, or “black box,” if available
- Opinions from accident reconstruction specialists
Our attorneys are here to help you find out what happened. We can begin our investigation today, so give us a call to schedule your free initial consultation today.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Filing a Car Accident Lawsuit in Texas?
State law limits the amount of time you have to file a personal injury lawsuit after an accident. In Texas, the statute of limitations is two years.
If you wait longer than two years to take legal action, you forfeit your right to seek compensation for your injuries.
Building your case will take some time, so don’t wait too long to get in touch with our lawyers.
Contact an Experienced Bedford Car Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
You don’t have to let the person responsible for your accident off the hook. Our attorneys at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers can offer the quality legal representation you deserve. Contact our team today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Bedford car accident attorney.
What Our Clients Are Saying About Us – Client Review
If you need a lawyer that won’t cut corners for your loved ones or work family….then this lawyer firm is the one to go to when your in need. I got hurt on the job and they went to the fullest extent of the law and they even went out of their way to make sure that everything was resolved to my satisfaction and still staying with in the laws. If you get hurt just remember Brad Parker and he will get his wonderful team of lawyers to get you taken care of right the first time. Thank you Mr. Parker I am glad I came to you
Highly Rated Local Car Repair Shops
- SpeeDee Oil Change & Auto Service – 2249 Central Dr, Bedford, TX 76021, United States
- Bedford Auto Center – 301 E Pipeline Rd, Bedford, TX 76022, United States
- Excellence Auto Service – 1701 W Airport Fwy #2, Euless, TX 76040, United States
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Additional Resources & Information
- How Long Should You Expect To Be Sore After a Bedford Car Accident?
- How Trucking Accidents Differ From Car Accidents
- Should I Hire a Lawyer After a Minor Car Accident in Bedford, TX?
Visit our Bedford, TX Personal Injury Law Office
Bedford Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers
2317 Plaza Parkway #100
Bedford, TX 76021
Phone: (817) 503-9200