Were you or a loved one injured while riding your bike in Bedford, TX? You may be entitled to significant compensation–but the insurance companies won’t make it easy. An experienced Bedford bicycle accident lawyer at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover fair compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and your pain and suffering.
We have over 30 years of experience practicing personal injury law. Personal injury cases can be highly complex, and we’re ready to put our experience to work for you.
Why Should I Hire Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers for Help After a Bicycle Accident in Bedford?
Accidents involving bicyclists can cause severe and life-altering injuries. As the victim, you must deal with the consequences even if the accident wasn’t your fault. On the other hand, you can also seek compensation from the at-fault parties.
An experienced Bedford personal injury lawyer can help you prove your case. While you rest and recover, our lawyers will handle all of the legal issues that arise. We’ll handle the insurance battle so you can avoid the added stress and frustration.
Hiring us means you’ll have a legal team to:
- Fully investigate the circumstances of your accident
- Collect and evaluate all available evidence
- Identify all responsible parties and sources of insurance
- Defend you when the insurance company blames you for causing the accident
- Work with experts who can prove your case value and establish liability
- Negotiate with the other side for the fair compensation you deserve
Our Bedford personal injury attorneys know how to help you get back on your feet again. With our team in your corner, you’re much more likely to walk away with a fair settlement. To learn more, call our bicycle accident lawyers serving Bedford for a free initial consultation today.
How Common Are Bicycle Accidents in Bedford, TX?
According to the CDC, nearly 1,000 bicycles die, and another 130,000 are injured each year across the United States.
Bicycle accidents are extremely common in the State of Texas. In 2021, 2,265 car accidents involving bicycles were reported to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). Nearly 1,400 people were injured in those crashes. Unfortunately, 91 victims lost their lives in fatal bike accidents that year.
What Is My Bedford Bicycle Accident Case Worth?
All personal injury claims are different. Before our lawyers file a claim with the insurance company, we’ll examine the unique facts and circumstances of your specific case. That’s especially important when it comes to putting a dollar value on your case.
During the valuation process, our lawyers will evaluate the following issues:
- Whether your injuries were serious or likely to cause long-term disability
- The cost of your medical treatment to date
- Your anticipated need for future medical care and rehab
- The value of any lost wages and income during recovery
- How your future earnings might be impacted
- Any impact on your quality of life or lifestyle
- Whether you contributed to the accident
Depending on the situation, additional factors may be relevant. However, it’s important to remember that no two injury cases are the same. That’s true even though the insurance company will try to compare your case to similar cases when calculating your settlement.
You can count on our lawyers in Bedford to protect your interests at every stage of the personal injury process. Just give us a call to schedule a free case review to learn more about your legal options.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Victims of Bicycle Accidents?
If your bicycle accident claim is successful, you should recover compensation for both economic and non-economic damages.
Your economic damages are your financial losses. Your compensation award should cover all of these expenses, including:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages during recovery
- Lost earning capacity after you reach maximum medical improvement
- Physical therapy
- Nursing care
- In-home assistance
- Property damage
- Any other out-of-pocket expenses you have incurred
Your non-economic damages are much more personal in nature. Your compensation award should also attempt to compensate you for things that money cannot buy or replace.
Examples of non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Permanent disfigurement or scarring
- PTSD and fear
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
There is no easy way to calculate the value of these losses. Insurance companies often try to use multipliers and formulas when assessing the value of your non-economic damages. Our lawyers will present specific evidence about your unique situation to help you recover the fair compensation you deserve.
What Happens If I’m Being Blamed for a Bicycle Accident in Texas?
If the insurance company can prove you were also responsible for the accident, you could receive a reduced settlement award. It’s also possible that you could walk away with nothing at all.
Texas follows modified comparative negligence rules. Blame is allocated between all parties to the accident. As the victim, you can recover a portion of your settlement or verdict if your percentage of fault is less than 51%. If your percentage of fault is 51% or more, you lose your right to seek compensation entirely.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Bicycle Accident Injuries
Because bicyclists don’t have a strong metal vehicle to protect them, they often suffer the most serious injuries when hit by a car.
At Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers, our Bedford bicycle accident attorneys often represent bike accident victims who have suffered:
- Crushing injuries
- Broken bones
- Neck injuries
- Pelvic injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
The insurance company might try to blame you for making your injuries worse if you weren’t wearing a helmet. Our lawyers can help downplay the impact of these and other insurance tactics. We’re available to discuss your case at any time, so call for your free case evaluation today.
What Causes Most Bicycle Accidents in Bedford, Texas?
Motor vehicle accidents involving bicycles happen for many different reasons.
Some of the most common causes of bicycle accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Lack of dedicated bike lanes and infrastructure to protect cyclists
- Aggressive driving
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Passing too close to the shoulder
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Dangerous left-hand turns
- Fatigued driving
- Dangerous road conditions, including potholes, crumbling pavement, and poorly marked curves
- Defective safety equipment
- Negligent property owners
- Poor visibility
Motorists in Texas are required to share the road with bicyclists. Still, bicyclists also have a responsibility to obey traffic laws and exercise reasonable caution. They too can contribute to the cause of a bike accident.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Bicycle Accident in Texas?
Most bicycle accidents occur because someone was negligent.
Negligence means that:
- Someone owed you a legal duty of care
- They breached the duty of care
- The breach was the direct cause of the accident
- You sustained damages due to the accident
Every person has a legal duty to exercise reasonable caution to keep others safe. You will, however, have to provide evidence to establish the remaining elements of your negligence case.
Some of the types of evidence that can be useful in your case include:
- Police and accident reports
- Statements from eyewitnesses
- Video footage, which may come from dash cams, traffic lights, and even nearby businesses
- Traffic citations
- Skid marks, vehicle damage, and other evidence from the crash scene
- Your medical records and details about your injury
- Cell phone records
- Toxicology reports
- Opinions from experts in accident reconstruction
Recovering from a serious bike accident can be difficult. Our lawyers can handle the investigation into your case while you focus on your health.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After a Bicycle Accident in Texas?
The statute of limitations is a deadline for taking legal action after an accident. Every state has different laws. Under Texas state law, bike accident victims have only two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. That two-year clock begins to run on the date of your accident. Once two years pass, you can no longer sue for damages.
It’s important to remember that it takes time to build a strong personal injury case. To give you the best chance of recovering the fair compensation you deserve, it’s best to contact an experienced lawyer who serves clients in Bedford soon after an accident.
Contact a Bedford Bicycle Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Our lawyers at Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers are here to fight for you regardless of the types of injuries you have suffered. We’re passionate about holding negligent people accountable for their actions. To learn more about your legal rights, call for a free consultation with an experienced Bedford bicycle accident attorney today.
Bedford Bicycle Accident Lawyer Review
Highly recommend this law firm! They do a fantastic job of taking care of their clients!
Highly Rated Chiropractors In Bedford
- Chiropractic Associates Bdfrd – 3004 State Hwy 121 Ste A, Bedford, TX 76021
- True Health Wellness Centers Chiropractor Bedford – 3700 Cheek-Sparger Rd Ste 100, Bedford, TX 76021
- Back & Neck Care Center Chiropractor in Bedford TX – 2803 Central Dr, Bedford, TX 76021
- Clawson Chiropractic – 517 Harwood Rd #103, Bedford, TX 76021
- The Joint Chiropractic – 2131 Hwy 121 Suite 300, Euless, TX 76039
Additional Bicycle Accident Resources
Visit our Bedford, TX Personal Injury Law Office
Bedford Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers
2317 Plaza Parkway #100
Bedford, TX 76021
Phone: (817) 503-9200
Hours of Operation
Monday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Tuesday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday – Closed
Sunday – Closed
Our personal injury law firm in Bedford, TX also provides:
- Bedford Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Bedford, TX
- Brain Injury Attorney in Bedford, TX
- Bedford, Texas Car Accident Lawyers
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Bedford, TX
- Bedford Construction Accident Attorneys
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Bedford, TX
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Bedford, TX
- Bedford Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Bedford, TX
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Bedford, TX
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Bedford, TX