If you have been involved in a Bedford, TX taxi accident, navigating the aftermath can be overwhelming. You are likely dealing with injuries, insurance claims, and legal considerations. Fortunately, our Bedford taxi accident lawyers specialize in helping clients like you navigate these challenging situations.
With over 37 years of combined experience, Parker Law Firm Injury Lawyers understands Bedford, Texas’ traffic and personal injury laws. Our team is dedicated to guiding you through every step of the journey to compensation and providing the support and expertise you need. Schedule a free initial consultation today with our Bedford taxi accident attorney. Call us today at (817)-503-9200.
Why Should I Hire Parker Law Firm After My Bedford Taxi Accident?
Choosing the right lawyer after a Bedford taxi accident is a major decision. Your decision can play an important role in securing compensation for your injuries and other losses. At Parker Law Firm, our Bedford car accident lawyers have over 37 years of combined experience. We have helped injured clients recover over $75 million in rightful compensation.
By hiring Parker Law Firm, we can help you with the following:
- Evaluating your taxi accident case
- Investigating how your injuries occurred
- Interviewing witnesses
- Filing insurance against responsible parties
- Reviewing and valuing your damages
- Filing a lawsuit
- Hiring expert witnesses
- Representing you in court
At Parker Law Firm, we help you seek the justice and compensation you deserve. Contact us for a free consultation and to learn how our team can make a difference in your Bedford, TX, taxi accident case.
Overview of Texas Taxi Accident Liability Law
When you are involved in a Bedford taxi accident, figuring out who is liable can be confusing. Understanding the basics of Texas taxi accident liability law is crucial for anyone involved in such an incident, whether as a taxi passenger, another driver, or even a pedestrian.
There are four steps to establishing liability:
- The first step is establishing that someone, usually the taxi driver or their company, owed a duty of care to you. This means they had a legal obligation to act in a certain way, such as by obeying traffic laws.
- Once a duty of care is established, it must be shown that the duty was breached. A breach occurs when someone does not act as a reasonable person would in similar circumstances. This could be speeding or failing to obey traffic signs.
- You must prove that the breach of duty directly caused your injuries. This is often the most contested part of a negligence claim.
- Finally, you must show you suffered actual damages due to the breach. This can be physical injury, financial loss, or other harm.
Establishing liability in a taxi accident can be complicated. A Bedford taxi accident lawyer can help by reviewing the facts and evidence in your case. Schedule a free consultation with us today.
What Causes Taxi Accidents in Bedford, TX?
An estimated 370,400 people in America work as taxi, ride-hailing, or chauffeur drivers, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Unfortunately, many are involved in taxi accidents.
In Texas, Bedford taxi accidents are often attributed to being distracted behind the wheel or failing to obey traffic signs and signals.
Here are some common causes in cases our Bedford taxi accident lawyers have worked on:
- Driver fatigue
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Speeding and aggressive driving
- Sudden stopping
- Improper vehicle maintenance
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Poor weather conditions
A combination of factors influence Bedford taxi accidents. If you are involved in a taxi accident, understanding these can be crucial while determining liability and pursuing legal action. A Bedford taxi accident lawyer can help.
What Damages Can I Recover for My Bedford Taxi Accident Case?
Taxi accidents harm passengers, other drivers, and even pedestrians. These harms, known as damages in personal injury law, can include physical injury, financial loss, and property damage. If you have been involved in a Bedford taxi accident, you may be entitled to recover various types of damages. These can play an important role in compensating you for losses and injuries and making you “whole” again after an accident.
Every Taxi accident is different. The damages award in one case may not be awarded in the next. However, understanding common damages that may be awarded can help you gauge the potential value of your claim.
Common taxi accident damages include the following:
- Current medical expenses
- Future accident-related medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage
- Punitive damages
After an accident, be sure to keep records of out-of-pocket expenses related to your accident, including medical bills. Consulting with a Bedford taxi accident lawyer can provide you with a clearer understanding of the compensation you may be eligible to receive.
Who May Be Liable for My Bedford Taxi Accident?
Determining liability can be complex in the aftermath of a Bedford taxi accident. Multiple parties may be responsible, depending on the specifics of your accident. Understanding who might be liable is crucial for pursuing a claim for damages.
Here are the potentially liable parties:
- Taxi Driver: If the accident resulted from the driver’s negligence, such as speeding, distracted driving, or driving under the influence, they may be liable.
- Taxi Company: If the taxi driver is an employee of a company, the company may be liable under the legal doctrine of “respondeat superior.” This doctrine states employers are responsible for the actions of their employees while they are working. Liability may also arise from negligent hiring practices or inadequate driver training.
- Vehicle Maintenance Companies: If poor maintenance or faulty repairs contributed to the accident, companies responsible for the upkeep of the taxi could be held liable.
- Manufacturer of the Taxi or Parts: In cases where a vehicle defect or malfunctioning part caused the accident, the manufacturer may be liable under product liability laws.
- Other Drivers: If another motorist’s actions contributed to your accident, they may be held responsible. This includes drivers who may have indirectly caused the taxi to crash.
- Government Entities: If road conditions or poorly designed traffic control devices contributed to the accident, a government entity responsible for road maintenance or design might be liable.
Determining liability in a taxi accident in Bedford requires a thorough investigation of the circumstances surrounding your accident. It often involves analyzing traffic laws, employment relationships, maintenance records, and the actions of all involved parties. Seeking the guidance of a Bedford taxi accident lawyer can help determine who to hold accountable for your injuries.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Bedford Taxi Accident?
If you have been involved in a Bedford taxi accident, it is important to be aware of the time limits for filing a lawsuit. This time limit, known as the statute of limitations, is crucial. If you fail to file your lawsuit in time, you may lose your right to seek compensation for your injuries and damages.
In Texas, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is generally two years from the date of your accident. This means you have two years to file a lawsuit against the parties you believe are responsible if your accident caused injuries or property damage.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Bedford Taxi Accident Lawyer?
Many people assume it is expensive to hire a Bedford taxi accident lawyer. Fortunately, most personal injury lawyers, including our Bedford taxi accident lawyers, operate on a contingency fee basis. Our team’s fee is contingent upon winning your case or securing a settlement. Instead of charging an hourly rate or upfront fees, we receive a percentage of your settlement or court award. This arrangement allows clients who may not have the funds to pay a lawyer upfront to access legal representation after a taxi accident.
Contact Our Experienced Bedford Taxi Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been involved in a Bedford, TX taxi accident, having a knowledgeable Bedford taxi accident lawyer on your side is crucial. Our team can empower you with the representation you need to hold others accountable and obtain the compensation you deserve for your injuries. With our contingency fee structure, you pay no upfront costs, and our initial consultations are always free. Contact us today (817)-503-9200 to schedule a consultation and take the first step toward your recovery.